Madanjeet Singh Scholarships for the Academic Year 2021 in Bhutan
The UNESCO Madanjeet Center for South Asia Forestry Studies (UMCSAFS) at Ugyen Wangchuck Institute for Conservation and Environment Research (UWICER), Bumthang, Bhutan, is pleased to announce the Madanjeet Singh scholarship for four years Bachelor degree program in Forestry and two years Master’s Program in Natural Resources Management to be undertaken at College of Natural Resources (CNR), Royal University of Bhutan (RUB) in Lobesa, Punakha, Bhutan, from July 2021 to July 2025 and 2023 respectively.
The citizens of all SAARC countries are eligible for the scholarship as per the criteria given.
Applicants shall fulfill the following criteria for Bachelor’s Degree
- Be class XII pass with minimum of 55% in English and overall aggregate of 60% (English, Biology and two other subjects) or having completed a Nested Diploma certificate in forestry
- Be fluent in English (both written and speaking)
- International candidates should produce English Language Proficiency Certificate from recognized/competent institutions
- Be a registered citizen of the SAARC member country
- Be below 30 years of age
Applicants should fulfill the following criteria for the Masters’ Degree
- Have completed a BSc programme awarded by a recognized University in the field of forestry, environment and life science.
- Have secured a minimum of 55% in each subject and overall aggregate of 60%
- Be a registered citizen of the SAARC member countries
- Be fluent in English (both written and speaking)
- Produce English Language Proficiency Certificate from recognized/competent institutions for international applicants
- Be below 45 years of age
Any candidate applying for Masters in Natural Resources Management should submit the attached application form and Research Proposal format (mandatory) along with the required documents.
The scholarship will cover:
- Tuition fees
- Economy air travel from the native country to Bhutan and back (initial and final) for international students
- Monthly stipend of Nu. 12000.00 (Twelve thousand only) for both Bachelor’s and Master’s degree courses
- Normal book and printing allowance of Nu. 5000.00 (five thousand) annually
- Establishment allowance of Nu. 16,000.00 (sixteen thousand only) for international students and will be entitled only once in the entire course
- One time research grant for dissertation write-up for both courses as approved the Advisory Committee; the grant shall be eligible in the final semester only
- In-country travel as per Royal Government of Bhutan’s existing rate (Nu. 500.00 per day while on organized study travel and 50% if it exceeds a month)
Application and Selection procedures
- Selection will be based on combined aggregate of 55% each in the Diploma Programme and in the Entrance Examination (for nationals)
- Applications shall be submitted to South Asia Foundation (SAF) country offices of each country in the SAARC region. Applications shall not be accepted directly from the candidates
- The SAF office of each country shall selectone candidate based on the eligibility criteria mentioned herein
- The name of the selected candidate from each SAARC country with the relevant documents should be submitted to the office of the Program Director, UNESCO Madanjeet Singh Center for South Asia Forestry Studies (UMCSAFS), Lamai Goenpa, Bumthang, Bhutan, latest by April 15, 2021through SAF offices in respective country for further scrutiny and acceptance into scholarship program
- The documents can be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at 17745995
- The final assessment of the selected candidate shall be done jointly by a team of committee from the College of Natural Resources (CNR) and UMCSAFS. There will be a skype interview with the candidates for the final selection.
- Based on the final assessment, the candidates may or may not be accepted into the program if respective SAF office failed to follow the set eligibility criteria.
- The UMCSAFS and CNR reserves the right of acceptance or rejection of candidates nominated by SAARC countries into the programs.
- The letter of acceptance or rejection into the scholarship program will be sent to respective SAF office for further conveyance to the individual candidate latest by April 30, 2021 via e-mail or through telephone calls.
- All travel documents of the selected student should reach UMCSAFS office later than June 10, 2021 to process for travel and other necessary arrangements. If the candidate fails to submit the documents within the given time frame, it will result in the cancellation of the scholarship.
Documents required to be submitted
The candidate applying for UMCSAFS scholarship program should submit the following documents to the respective SAF offices for both courses:
1. Class X Certificate and transcript/mark sheet (Not required to Masters’ Degree
2. Class XII or Nested Diploma Certificate and Transcript/Mark sheet (required for
Masters’ Degree applicants too)
3. Bachelor’s degree certificate from recognized university (for master’s applicants only)
4. English Language Proficiency Certificate for international applicants
5. A copy of Citizenship ID card (for national applicants)
6. Copy of valid passport for international applicants
7. Security clearance certificate or Police Clearance from respective countries
8. Medical fitness certificate from competent government hospital of respective countries
9. Audit clearance certificate from competent authorities if employed
10. No objection certificate from employer if employed
11. Birth Certificate
12. Two copies of recent passport sized photos
13. Contact: e-mail address and mobile phone number of the candidate
- A copy of documents for the selected candidate shall be maintained at each SAF Country Office for record, assessment and acceptance into the program.
- All the accepted candidates should produce original documents at the time of admission at College of Natural Resources, Lobesa, Bhutan.