Madanjeet Singh Scholarships for the Academic Year 2023 in Bangladesh
The UNESCO Madanjeet Center for South Asia Institute of Advanced Legal and Human Rights Studies (UMSAILS) and Department of Law and Human Rights, University of Asia Pacific is pleased to announce the Madanjeet Singh scholarship for one year program in Master of Laws (LLM).
Applicants shall fulfill the following criteria
- Have completed graduation in Law (with a minimum CGPA of 3 out of 4 or equivalent).
- Be fluent in English (both in written and speaking).
- English Language Proficiency Certificate from recognized/competent institutions should be produced.
The scholarship will cover:
- Admission and Tuition fees;
- Economy air travel from the native country to Bangladesh and back;
- Monthly stipend;
- Normal book allowance and printing allowances;
- Monthly accommodation and dining facilities for international students;
- Research grant for dissertation write-up.
- South Asia Foundation (SAF) office in the respective SAARC countries shall select one candidate each based on the eligibility criteria mentioned herein and the names of the selected candidates from each SAARC country should reach the office of the Program Coordinator, UNESCO Madanjeet Singh South Asian Institute of Advanced Legal and Human Rights Studies (UMSAILS) latest by 30th September 2022 through SAF offices in the respective countries. The documents should be sent via e-mail to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org (SAF Bhutan chapter) for applicants of Bhutanese.
- The final assessment of the selected candidates shall be done jointly by the Department of Law and Human Rights, the University of Asia Pacific, and UNESCO Madanjeet Singh South Asian Institute of Advanced Legal and Human Rights Studies (UMSAILS). There will be a skype interview with the candidates for the final selection if required.
- Based on the final assessment, candidates may or may not be accepted into the program if the respective SAF office fails to follow the set eligibility criteria.
- The right of acceptance or rejection of candidates nominated by SAARC countries into the LLM program is reserved with the UNESCO Madanjeet Singh South Asian Institute of Advanced Legal and Human Rights Studies (UMSAILS) and the Department of Law and Human Rights, University of Asia Pacific.
- The letter of acceptance or rejection into the scholarship program will be sent to respective SAF offices and to the candidates for further conveyance to individual candidates latest by 20 October 2022 via e-mail or telephone calls.
- All travel documents of the selected candidates should reach the UNESCO Madanjeet Singh South Asian Institute of Advanced Legal and Human Rights Studies (UMSAILS) office no later than 10 November 2022 to process for travel and other necessary arrangements. If the candidates fail to submit the documents within the given time frame, it will result in the cancellation of the scholarship.
Documents to submit
The candidates applying for the UMSAILS scholarship program should submit the attached Organization for Youth Empowerment application form with the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae
- All transcripts and certificates
- English Language Proficiency Certificate
- A copy of the Citizenship ID card and valid passport
- Contact: e-mail address, Skype ID, and mobile phone number of the candidate
- The documents can be sent via email to email@example.com or contact us at 17871411 latest by 30th September 2022.
For more information on the scholarship and institute please visit:
- SAILS: www.sails-bd.org